Star Alliance carriers (United via Codeshare, Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa, Swissair) and SkyTeam carriers (KLM and Air France) have put Nairobi on sale. But the challenge is that the fares are not mileage earning and our rule is we do not publish fares that are not mileage earning.
With a little routing trick, we were able to put together an itinerary that is 100% mileage earning for the entire itinerary. Part of the itinerary is with United/Air Canada and the other part with British Airways.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 4th – 10th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – 30th or January 10th, 2014 – March 10th, 2014. UseITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “YUL LHR” on the outbound field and “LHR YUL” on the return field to search only Air Canada and British Airways availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014. (THIS WILL NOT LAST until then)
- The routing codes mentioned above will route you via Montreal and London. This will ensure that you will earn 100% mileage for all segments of this itinerary.
Partner Fare Class:
- Air Canada: K
- British Airways: Q
- IAH – YUL (Montreal) – LHR (London) – NBO (Nairobi) – LHR – YUL – IAH . The segments from the US to London, and vice versa, are on United or Air Canada. London to Nairobi is operated by British Airways.
- 18,140 miles or 5.0 cents per mile. You will earn 9,654 miles for the Air Canada portion with United. And 8,486 miles with American for British Airways portion.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com
- On the From field, enter “IAH:: YUL LHR”
- On the To field, enter “NBO:: LHR YUL” – see screenshot below
- This will show the itinerary and will link you to Priceline.com to book.