A good fare to visit Hong Kong and eat all the delicious food.
Sample Travel Date:
- March 9th – 18th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 1st – April 30th, 2014. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014 at least 4 days in advance of departure.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MCO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ewr
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: pvg ord
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7”. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- MCO – EWR (Newark) – HKG (Hong Kong) – PVG (Shanghai) – ORD (Chicago) – MCO. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong is operated by Dragonair or Cathay Pacific under Dragonair code.
- 17,811 miles or 4.9 cents per mile. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong will earn zero miles with American or Alaska. It does, however, earn 25% with Cathay Pacific Asiamiles or British Airways Avios. The United segments will earn 100% mileage with United.
- The mileage earning breakdown:
- United: 17,038 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Cathay Pacific/British Airways: 193 miles
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select “United Airlines” under “Airline 1” and select “Dragonair” under “Airline 2”.
For more of the latest deals for Orlando, visit our Orlando fares page.