A good sale to Hong Kong.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 1st – 8th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 1st – April 30th, 2014. Must purchase at least 4 days in advance of departure and by March 31st, 2014 — will not last until then.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MCI
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ord
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: pvg ord
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- MCI – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – PVG (Shanghai) – ORD – MCI. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong is operated by Dragonair or Cathay Pacific under Dragonair code.
- 16,426 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong will earn zero miles with American or Alaska. It does, however, earn 25% with Cathay Pacific Asiamiles or British Airways Avios. The United segments will earn 100% mileage with United.
- The mileage earning breakdown:
- United: 15,653 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Cathay Pacific/British Airways: 193 miles
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select “United Airlines” under “Airline 1″ and select ”Dragonair” under “Airline 2″.
For more of the latest deals for Kansas City, visit our Kansas City fares page