Our favorite city in Asia.
Sample Travel Date:
- March 16th – 26th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 1st – April 30th, 2014. Must purchase at least 4 days in advance of departure and by March 31st, 2014 — will not last until then.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAH
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: sfo
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: pvg lax
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- IAH – SFO (San Francisco) – HKG (Hong Kong) – PVG (Shanghai) – LAX (Los Angeles) – DEN. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong is operated by Dragonair or Cathay Pacific under Dragonair code.
- 17,166 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong will earn zero miles with American or Alaska. It does, however, earn 25% with Cathay Pacific Asiamiles or British Airways Avios. The United segments will earn 100% mileage with United.
- The mileage earning breakdown:
- United: 16,393 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Cathay Pacific/British Airways: 193 miles
- Visit Hipmunk using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- On From field, enter IAH::SFO
- On To field, enter HKG::PVG LAX
- This will link you directly to book on United.com
For more of the latest deals for Houston, visit our Houston fares page.