This is higher than our 6 cents per mile criterion. But this is for Summer travel! And Summer fares to Europe are nuts now.
Availability is good in May, okay in June, limited in July and August. If you are flexible, lock up those Europe plans. It won’t get cheaper that’s for sure.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Atlanta
- August 19th – 26th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from May 16th – August 23rd. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ATL
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua ua
- Destination: BRU
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Zurich, replace BRU with ZRH on the destination field)
- (For Departures from Detroit, replace ATL with DTW, for Salt Lake, replace with ATL with SLC on the Departing from field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7”. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- ATL – EWR (Newark) – BRU (Brussels) – ORD (Chicago) – ATL
- 9,168 miles
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United. You might have to select multi-city and enter each segment individually for it to price correctly.
For more of the latest deals for Atlanta, visit our Atlanta fares page.
For more of the latest deals for Detroit, visit our Detroit fares page.