A great sale to Spain. Madrid is going for $710 via (United) and Barcelona for a little more via Star Alliance (United, Air Canada, and Lufthansa). To ensure maximum mileage accrual, the carriers you should take are:
- Air Canada
These are K class fares, anything outside of those two, you will not earn anything with United. If you fly Air Canada, the segments between the US and Canada are only 25% mileage earning.
Update 8/21/2014 @ 4:50PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Madrid
- November 3rd – 11th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from October 16th – December 14th, 2014 and from December 24th – May 6th, 2015 for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the USA. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure and by August 20th, 2014 — TOMORROW!
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SAN
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua+
- Destination: MAD
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Replace MAD in Destination with BCN for Barcelona
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay: “0-7″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- SAN – EWR (Newark) – MAD (Madrid) – EWR – SAN
- 12,028 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select “United Airlines”.
For more of the latest deals for San Diego, visit our San Diego fares page.