United and its partners are attacking US Air / American and its partner fares to Helsinki. This is a Star Alliance K fare — to maximize mileage earning, you want to take United, Air Canada or Brussels operated flights as much as possible. Flights operated by Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian will earn zero miles. All codeshares with SAS will also earn 100% mileage.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 20th – 27th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 10th – December 11th or December 24th – March 26th, 2015 for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure. Availability in 2015 is better than 2014.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: CLT
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: o:ua o:ua muc,fra
- Destination: HEL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: fra,muc o:ua o:ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- CLT – IAH (Houston) – FRA (Frankfurt) – HEL (Helsinki) – MUC (Munich) – IAH – CLT. The segment between Germany and Finland will be non-mileage earning. To maximize mileage earning, make sure you select flights operated by Air Canada, United or Brussels.
- 14,410 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. When crediting to United, you will earn 12,475 or 5.6 cents per mile
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select “United Airlines”.
For more of the latest deals for Charlotte, visit our Charlotte fares page.