A good sale to Kuala Lumpur. If you want to explore Southeast Asia, KL is a very good starting point because its the home of AirAsia.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Charlotte
- November 24th – December 2nd
- Valid for travel until December 11th or January 12th, 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: CLT
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ewr,ord,sfo hkg
- Destination: KUL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hkg ewr,ord,sfo
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Orlando availability, replace “CLT” with “MCO” on the “Departing from:” field)
- (For Kansas City availability, replace “CLT” with “MCI” on the “Departing from:” field)
- (For Raleigh-Durham availability, replace “CLT” with “RDU” on the “Departing from:” field)
- (For Jacksonville availability, replace “CLT” with “JAX” on the “Departing from:” field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- CLT – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – HKG – EWR (Newark) – CLT. The segment between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur will be operated by Cathay Pacific or Malaysia Airlines and will be non-mileage earning with United.
- 20,119 miles or 4.9 cents per mile. You will earn 16,975 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. The segments between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur can be credited to British Airways or Cathay Pacific (we recommend British Airways) at 25% mileage earning or 786 miles.
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United on Airline 1 and Cathay Pacific on Airline 2. Orbitz will charge a $7 fee for multi-carrier itineraries such as this and that fee is non-refundable even within the 24 hour risk cancellation period.
For more of the latest deals for Kansas City, visit our Kansas City fares page
For more of the latest deals for Charlotte, visit our Charlotte fares page.
For more of the latest deals for Orlando, visit our Orlando fares page.