A good sale to Kuala Lumpur.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Houston
- January 19th – 27th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January 12th, 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAH
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ewr,ord,sfo hkg
- Destination: KUL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hkg ewr,ord,sfo
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Denver availability, replace “IAH” with “DEN” on the “Departing from:” field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- IAH – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – HKG – SFO (San Francisco) – IAH. The segment between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur will be operated by Cathay Pacific or Malaysia Airlines and will be non-mileage earning with United.
- 20,423 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. You will earn 17,279 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. The segments between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur can be credited to British Airways or Cathay Pacific (we recommend British Airways) at 25% mileage earning or 786 miles.
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United on Airline 1 and Cathay Pacific on Airline 2. Orbitz will charge a $7 fee for multi-carrier itineraries such as this and that fee is non-refundable even within the 24 hour risk cancellation period.
For more of the latest deals for Denver, visit our Denver fares page.
For more of the latest deals for Houston, visit our Houston fares page.