Visit 2 Cities – Icelandair – $486: Minneapolis – Munich, Germany and Reykjavik, Iceland. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Visit both Munich and Reykjavik with this fare.
You can visit Munich with or without the stopover in Reykjavik. ITA will price the fare with the stopover at $494, but Priceline will likely price the stopover at $486. Without the stopover, the fare is $480.
Here are some practical travel tips to Iceland.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 18th – January 28th
- Minneapolis – Munich: January 18th, 2017
- Munich– Reykjavik: January 28th, 2017
- Reykjavik– Minneapolis: January 30th, 2017
- Valid for travel from mid-January, 2017 – late-March, 2017. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MSP
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: kef
- Destination: MUC
- Return Advanced Routing Code: kef /minconnect 2880
- The “2880” after “/minconnect” instructs ITA to search for a connection of at least 2,880 minutes (48 hours). ITA will start to error out once that number is greater than 4,020 though longer stopovers are still possible. Using the result as a guideline, play with the stopover length on Priceline’s multi-destination feature to see if the fare correctly prices. It’s trial and error process. The stopover can either be on the outbound or return segments. If you want the stopover on the outbound, input “kef /minconnect 2880” into the Outbound Routing Code field instead of the Return. Then put “kef” in the Return Advanced Routing Code field.
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay: “5-12”. This is just a sample, you can use any 7-day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc.
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- MSP – KEF (Reykjavik) – MUC (Munich) – KEF – MSP
Icelandair is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning with Alaska Air is below.
- Miles Flown: 9,212 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multi-Destination” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest deals for Minneapolis, visit our Minneapolis fares page.
The Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.