American is matching Delta’s earlier sale and expanding it to other European cities.
- Barcelona (BCN)
- Madrid (MAD)
- Amsterdam (AMS)
- Milan (MXP)
- Paris (CDG)
- Rome (FCO)
and to several other destinations. Please input the destination airport using our instructions below in the How to Search for Availability section and see if it prices out.
This sale is available from American and Delta hubs. This sale, however, isn’t available from United hubs like Houston and Denver. Please check your departure city to see if the sale is available from your desired airport.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Atlanta to Barcelona
- December 5th – 14th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until early May, 2017. Travel from August, 2017 – October, 2017 may be available. A 7-day minimum stay is required. Must purchase at least 10 days in advance of departure.
Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ATL
- For travel from other departure cities, enter the proper airport code into the departure field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter “O” and not the number zero
- Destination: BCN
- For travel to other destinations, enter the corresponding airport code listed above or your desired destination airport code into the destination field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay: “3-10″. The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- Departing from: ATL
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy” section.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- ATL – JFK (New York City) – BCN (Barcelona) – JFK – DCA (Washington D.C.) – ATL
- The segments from JFK – DCA and DCA – ATL are on the same flight number and therefore considered a direct flight.
- Miles Flown: 9,858 miles or 4.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 9,182 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,500 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Enter “American Airlines” in the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest fare deals, visit our fares page.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our Fare Deal Alert Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @FareDealAlert, or subscribe to the Fare Deal Alert RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.