Visit both Stockholm and Reykjavik with this fare.
You can visit Stockholm with or without the stopover in Reykjavik. ITA will price the fare with the stopover at $442, but Priceline will likely price it at $433. Without the stopover, fares are $429.
Here are some practical travel tips to Iceland.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 25th – February 6th, 2017
- Minneapolis – Stockholm: January 25th
- Stockholm – Reykjavik: February 4th
- Reykjavik – Minneapolis: February 6th
- Valid for travel from mid-January, 2017 – late-March, 2016. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MSP
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: kef
- Destination: ARN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: kef /minconnect 2880
- The “2880” after “/minconnect” instructs ITA to search for a connection of at least 2,880 minutes (48 hours). ITA will start to error out once that number is greater than 4,020 though longer stopovers are still possible. Using the result as a guideline, play with the stopover length on Priceline’s multi-destination feature to see if the fare prices correctly; It’s a trial and error process.
- The stopover can either be on the outbound or return segments. If you want the stopover on the outbound, input “kef /minconnect 2880” into the Outbound Routing Code field instead of the Return. Then put “kef” in the Return Advanced Routing Code field.
- Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay: “3-10”. The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy” section.
- MSP – KEF (Reykjavik) – ARN (Stockholm) – KEF – MSP
Icelandair is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning with Alaska Air is below.
- Miles Flown: 8,530 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multi-Destination” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually.
For more of the latest deals for Minneapolis, visit our Minneapolis fares page.