Air Canada / Brussels / Lufthansa / United – $527: Minneapolis / Detroit – Athens, Greece / Budapest, Hungary. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Star Alliance carriers — United, Air Canada, Lufthansa, etc. — are attacking American Airlines’ fares to Athens and Budapest with prices in the mid-$500 range.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Minneapolis to Budapest
- April 24th – May 4th, 2017
- This is a sample travel date. See below for more available travel dates
- Valid for travel on the outbound from April, 2017 – early-May, 2017 and from September, 2017 – October, 2017. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
Note: This fare is valid at time of posting. If this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search with the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MSP
- For travel from Detroit, enter “DTW” into the departure field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: /alliance star-alliance
- Destination: BUD
- For travel to Athens, enter “ATH” into the destination field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: /alliance star-alliance
- Click on the “Advanced Routing Codes” link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay: “3-10″. The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- Departing from: MSP
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy Airline Tickets” section.
- MSP – IAD (Washington D.C.) – BRU (Brussels) – BUD (Budapest) – BRU – ORD (Chciago) – MSP
Air Canada, Brussels, and Lufthansa are members of the Star Alliance and United partners. Mileage earning with United is below.
- Miles Flown: 10,679 miles or 4.9 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,679 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 5,339 miles
As long as you do not select segments OPERATED by Lufthansa, you will earn at least 50% redeemable mileage with United.
How to Buy to Buy Airline Tickets:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest deals for Minneapolis, visit our Minneapolis fares page.
The Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.