This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good fare for nonstop service to and from Los Angeles (LAX) and San Diego (SAN).
United also has lower fare, however, it is a Basic Economy fare. United’s Basic Economy fares do not allow for any advanced seat assignment. Rather, your seat assignment will be randomly assigned during check-in. In addition, normal size carry-on that does not fit under the seat is $25 each way (waived if you have an United co-branded credit card).
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Los Angeles
- August 16th – 24th, 2017
- This is a sample date. See below for more available travel dates.
- Valid for travel from mid-August 2017 – early-December 2017 and from early-January 2018 – mid-February 2018. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure.
Note: This fare is valid at the time of posting. If this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAH
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ua
- Textbox 2: f bc=G
- Destination: LAX
- For travel to San Diego, enter “SAN” into the destination field
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ua
- Textbox 2: f bc=G
- Click on the “Advanced Routing Codes” link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Enter departure date
- Length of stay: “3-10″
- The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 3-10, 5-12, etc.
The ITA search page should look like the following when all values are inputted.
You cannot buy tickets through ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy Airline Tickets” section.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- IAH – LAX (Los Angeles) – IAH
- Miles Flown: 2,750 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 2,750 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 604 miles
How to Buy Airline Tickets:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $118 United Basic Economy fare after which you will be presented with the option for the $158 regular economy fare as shown on the screenshot below.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest deals for Houston, visit our Houston fares page.
For more of the latest deals for San Diego, visit our San Diego fares page.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our Fare Deal Alert Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @FareDealAlert, or subscribe to the Fare Deal Alert RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.