This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale to Athens.
ITA will price this at $508 (Basic Economy), using those dates on Lufthansa should reprice to $610 (Regular Economy) / $490 (Basic Economy)
United and its partners Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa and Swiss Air’s $610 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE checked luggage and normal size carry-on
United and its partners Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa and Swiss Air also have a $490 fare, but it is a Basic Economy / Economy Light fare. These Basic Economy / Economy Light fares:
- DO NOT allow for advance seat assignment
- DO NOT include checked bags – they are $60 each way for the 1st bag and $100 each way for 2nd
- DO NOT allow for changes
- DO NOT allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future purchase
- Most online travel agencies are not properly displaying these fares with United / Air Canada / Austrian / Lufthansa / Swiss Air as BASIC ECONOMY.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 4th – 13th
- This is a sample date. See below for more available travel dates
- Valid for travel from late October – early December for Sunday through Wednesday departures and Tuesday through Friday returns. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure.
- Note: This fare is valid at the time of posting. If this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: CLT
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: LH LH
- Textbox 2: -overnight
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Lufthansa and you will be presented with an option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: ATH
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: LH LH
- Textbox 2: -overnight
- Click on the “Advanced Routing Codes” link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Enter departure date
- Length of stay: 3-10
- The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 3-10, 5-12, etc.
- The ITA search page should look like the following when all values are inputted.
- You cannot buy tickets through ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy Airline Tickets” section.
- CLT – MUC (Munich) – ATH (Athens) – MUC – CLT
Lufthansa is a member of Star Alliance and a United partner. Mileage earning with United is below.
- Miles Flown: 11,014 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 11,014 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,753 miles
How to Buy Airline Tickets:
- Support us by using our Lufthansa link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Lufthansa labels Basic Economy as “Economy Light” — no checked luggage included.
- Lufthansa labels Regular Economy as “Economy Basic”– ONE checked bag included.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest deals for Charlotte, visit our Charlotte fares page.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our Fare Deal Alert Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @FareDealAlert, or subscribe to the Fare Deal Alert RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.