This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
How about a trip to both Bangkok and Tokyo for about $670 roundtrip?
Sample Travel Date:
- Houston Tokyo: January 13th, 2020
- Tokyo – Bangkok: January 20th, 2020
- Bangkok – Houston: January 28th, 2020
- This is a sample date. See below for more available travel dates
- Valid for travel from late November – early December or January 2020 – March 2020 for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
- Note: This fare is valid at the time of posting. If this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAH
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: nrt
- Textbox 2: minconnect 2880
- The 2880 after minconnect is telling ITA to search for a connection of at least 2,880 minutes or 48 hours. ITA will start to error out once that number is greater than 4,020 or so, however, longer stopovers are still possible. Using the result as a guideline, play with the stopover length on Priceline’s multi-destination feature to see if it price. It is trial and error.
- We are showing NRT as the stopover on the outbound. If you would like to stopover in Tokyo on the return then move nrt and minconnect 2880 to the Return Advanced Routing Code section and move ua ua and maxconnect 240 to the Outbound Advanced Routing Code section
- Destination: BKK
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ua ua
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- Click on the “Advanced Routing Codes” link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Enter departure date
- Length of stay: 5-12
- The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 3-10, 5-12, etc.
- The ITA search page should look like the following when all values are inputted.
- You cannot buy tickets through ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy Airline Tickets” section.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- IAH – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – NRT – IAH
- Miles Flown: 19,026 miles or 3.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 19,026 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,582 miles
How to Buy Airline Tickets:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multi-Destination” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually. For this example with Tokyo being the first stop, you would enter it like this:
- Segment 1: Houston [IAH] – Tokyo [NRT]
- Segment 2: Tokyo [NRT] – Bangkok [BKK]
- Segment 3: Bangkok [BKK] – Houston [IAH]
- We entered this as three segments like the above to price. You might have to enter it as 4 segments to price as show exactly on ITA to price. Its all trial and error
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest deals for Houston, visit our Houston fares page.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.