This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
We strongly encourage our readers to refrain from non-essential travel these next few weeks. Due to COVID-19 we will only feature fares that have availability for travel from January 2021 onward. We will continually assess if that needs to move to an even later date.
A good fare for nonstop service to and from Portland.
The $198 fare is regular economy fare which allows for normal size carry-on and personal item in addition to advanced seat assignment.
Delta also have a $128 fare but that is a Basic Economy fare. Delta Basic Economy fares do not include advance seat assignments, changes, cancellations and boards last.
What is The Shorthaul? It is our irregular feature of deals under $200 and 3,000 miles roundtrip.
for Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals from Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Orlando and San Diego? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about 25 cents a day.
Signup for the SoFi Money account, receive a $50 signup bonus with a $500 deposit and pay no fees at over 55,000 ATMs.
Sample Travel Date:
- February 6th – 9th, 2021
- This is a sample date. See below for more available travel dates
- Valid for travel from January 2021 – early February 2021. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure.
- Note: This fare is valid at the time of posting. If this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MSP
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: DL
- Textbox 2:
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Priceline and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: PDX
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: DL
- Textbox 2:
- Click on the “Advanced Routing Codes” link to enable advanced routing code input
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Enter departure date
- Length of stay: 3-10
- The maximum search range is 7 days, so enter ranges in this format: 0-7, 3-10, 5-12, etc.
- The ITA search page should look like the following when all values are inputted.
- You cannot buy tickets through ITA. To buy tickets, follow our instructions below in the “How to Buy” section.
- MSP – PDX (Portland) – MSP
- Miles Flown: 2,842 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 2,842 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 890 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $128 fare from the search results and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $70 more (or $198 total roundtrip). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and normal size carry-on included
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest deals for Minneapolis, visit our Minneapolis fares page.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our Fare Deal Alert Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @FareDealAlert, or subscribe to the Fare Deal Alert RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.