A good fare to visit Hong Kong.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 11th – 21st
- Valid for travel from late-August – December, 2014. Must purchase at least 4 days in advance of departure and by May 31st, 2014.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MCO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ord pvg
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ewr ord
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7″. The maximum range is 7 days, so enter ranges like so: 0-7, 5-12, 7-14, etc.
- MCO – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – PVG (Shanghai) – ORD – MCO. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong is operated by Dragonair or Cathay Pacific under Dragonair code.
- 17,020 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. The segment between Shanghai and Hong Kong will earn zero miles with American or Alaska. It does, however, earn 25% with Cathay Pacific Asiamiles or British Airways Avios. The United segments will earn 100% mileage with United.
- The mileage earning breakdown:
- United: 16,827 miles or 5.4 cents per mile
- Cathay Pacific/British Airways: 193 miles
- Book on Orbitz using dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select “United Airlines” under “Airline 1″ and select “Dragonair” under “Airline 2″.
- There is a price difference between what ITA results ($894 and what Orbitz results, $901. The difference is Orbitz charging $7 for multi-carrier itineraries).
For more of the latest deals for Orlando, visit our Orlando fares page.
For the latest deals, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or follow us with RSS or via daily email Newsletter. To leave us feedback, hit us up on Twitter or Facebook.