This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale for nonstop service to / from Washington D.C. – Dulles
The $288 fare is a regular economy fare which allows for normal size carry-on and personal item in addition to advance seat assignment.
United also have a $198 fare but that is a Basic Economy fare. United Basic Economy fares do not allow for any advance seat assignment. Rather, your seat assignment will be randomly assigned during check-in. In addition, normal size carry-on that does not fit under the seat is charge a $35 fee each way + applicable gate check fees (but free if you have an United co-branded credit card or if you have United elite status).
for Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals from Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Orlando and San Diego? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about 25 cents a day.
Looking for Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals from Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Orlando and San Diego? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about 25 cents a day.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 16th – 19th
- This is a sample date. See below for more available travel dates.
- Valid for travel from mid September – early November or early December for Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Note: This fare is valid at time of posting. If this post is more than two days old, the fare is most likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software and use the following search criteria:
- Origin: MCO
- Origin Advanced Routing Code:
- Routing Codes: ua
- Extension Codes:
- This is instructing Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on United and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to the regular economy fare.
- Destination: SFO
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Routing Codes: ua
- Extension Codes:
- (Click on Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Duration “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- N (Basic Economy)
- K (Regular Economy)
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SAN – IAD (Washington D.C. – Dulles) – SAN
- Miles Flown: 4,494 miles or 4.4 cents per mile (Basic Economy) / 6.4 cents per mile (Regular Economy)
- Redeemable Miles: 1,200 miles
How to Buy:
- Book on United with dates found on Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
For more of the latest deals for San Diego, visit our San Diego fares page.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our Fare Deal Alert Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @FareDealAlert, or subscribe to the Fare Deal Alert RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
Fare Deal Alert does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by Fare Deal Alert is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.